They say that a woman’s hair is her crowning
glory. But whether it’s long or short,
golden or chestnut, curly or poker straight, hair can be an expensive nightmare
to maintain. Finding the right products that combine value
and good quality is tricky – especially when there is so much on the
market. Before we know it, our bathrooms
and dressing tables are overflowing with bottles and tubs of sprays, waxes, masks,
serums and conditioners.
| Tiffany Hair and Beauty Salon, Aberdeen |
My bathroom was such a place – before I
discovered Bumble and bumble. The floor
of the shower was lined with bottles of every shape, size and colour. And despite all of this, my hair was still an unruly mop. The colour was indistinguishable, the length
was so out-of-control that my mother had to take a pair of scissors to it, and
what used to be shaping at the front had blended into a vague array of
layers. Embarrassingly, since my last
hair appointment, I could have endured an entire pregnancy and be onto my
second.
So when I was asked to sample renowned brand
Bumble and bumble at the Tiffany Hair and Beauty Salon on Bridge Street,
Aberdeen, I was ecstatic. I threw out
all of my useless hair products, cleaned the shower, and began searching for
images of my dream hair style.
![]() |
| Who wouldn't want her hair? |
The afternoon finally arrived. I walked into Tiffany’s for the first time
and asked for Chloe. Fortunately for me,
Chloe is a very talented hairdresser who has cut hair in Scotland and
Australia. Unfortunately for her, she
was tasked with my challenge of making me look like Rachel McAdams. “If you could just replicate her, that would
be great” I said, showing her a photo of the actress’ beautifully styled auburn
hair.
So the dye went in, the scissors came out and
before long, my untamed hair was transformed.
Then the Bumble and bumble party started. These products decorate the dressing rooms of
the major fashion shows and are used in all of the famous salons. They’re favoured for their versatility, good
quality and long life. What’s more, they
smell like a bouquet of flowers, look attractive in your bathroom and won’t
break the bank. Whatever your hair,
there’s a Bumble and bumble product for you.
| Ideal decoration for any bathroom |
The Bb Prep has proved to be an excellent
protector against my daily hot water, hairdryer and straightener regime, and a
generous dose of Bb Straight Blow Dry has ensured that my hair dries smooth and
sleek. But my favourite product is the
Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil, which I apply to my hair once I’ve dried and
straightened it. The oil, instead of
making my hair look greasy or sticky, dissolves instantly and keeps it looking
controlled and styled throughout the day.
The hairdressers at Tiffany’s use these
products in all of their appointments and the full range is sold at the
salon. You will be supplied with a
Bumble and bumble booklet, which shows you what has been used in your hair so you
can buy the right product again and again.
So thanks to an expert pair of hands and a daily
dose of Bumble and bumble, my hair has been restored to a healthy and stylish
state. Now, if anyone knows where I can
get Rachel McAdam’s cheekbones, please get in touch.

No comments:
Post a Comment