Monday, 4 February 2013

The Body Shop: Colour Crush


You can do a lot more with your eyes than just look through them.  You can flirt with them; you can cry from them.  You can communicate rage, joy, confusion or excitement.  Through our eyes, we take in the world.  Through our eyes, the world takes in you. 

Which is exactly why, girls, your eyes need to look fantastic. 

The Body Shop's new eyeshadow range will help to make your eyes just that.  The range is called Colour Crush and ohmyword WHAT colour.  I'm not just talking about natural shades with a bit of pink and blue thrown in for the benefit of the lucky few who suit them.  I'm also not talking about garishly bright 'I-look-like-a-walking-shimmering-rainbow'. These colours are fun, flirty and absolutely perfect for shaking off winter blues and embracing spring colours. 

I took a trip to the Body Shop in Aberdeen this weekend, where the wonderful Hannah gave me trial run of the new colours.  Both she, I and a handful of nosy customers can vouch for the fact that I could not take my eyes off the eyeshadows.  (I quote: "Steph, can you stop looking at them and look at me, please?")  After a lot of deliberation, we decided to go for green and tried Fig Leaf, Chat Up Lime and Moonlight Kiss.  It was a perfect choice: the colours blended well, and the black (Moonlight Kiss) finished the look off perfectly.  It was just the right mix of sugar, sweet, sultry and subtle.  But don't worry if green is not your thing.  There are 30 different colours to choose from. Other favourites include Steel My Heart (silver), Blue Over You (navy) and Grape Expectations (purple).  These colours will match your skin tone, match your outfit, match your hair, match your lips - do you get it yet?  

I'll also let you into a little secret to emphasise the power of this new range: I was never an eyeshadow girl.  That's right.  The fear of having a cakey line just above my eyelid was always enough to put me off.  Not any more!  You guessed it, Colour Crush does. not. crease.  And thanks to finely crushed pigments, the eyeshadow stays bright and clean looking for hours. And if it can't get any better, they contain Marula Oil from Namibia and because of the Body Shop's Fair-Trade policy, Namibian farmers benefit directly from every eyeshadow sold.  Winner. 
So ladies, head down to the Body Shop to check this new range out.  We all know the power a moment of eye contact can have: we do it on dates, during handshakes, while public speaking and during conversation.  Make sure your eye contact is even more powerful with the Colour Crush range. 

No comments:

Post a Comment