Sunday, 25 March 2012

notonthehighstreet.com

Last night was bi-annual clock change and my Blackberry seems to have a mind of its own so I have a spare hour on my hands. I considered going back to bed, tidying my room or going for a run (who am I kidding?!) but I've found myself blogging...again..

This week saw the discovery of notonthehighstreet.com (that's 'not on the high street'). In a nutshell, a shopping site where you find (and subsequently buy) things that you can't find on the high street. Yay! And what's even better is that this site incorporates hundreds of little designers and stores. Double yay! On this site one can buy the likes of Gorgeous Graffiti, Lilac Coast and Retrophenia. Triple yay!

notonthehighstreet prides itself in selling unique and personal gifts. It sure does, and at totally reasonable prices. All your gift problems will flutter away like a butterfly. Or like the personalised butterfly bracelet. Or the butterfly wall stickers. Back to the point. This site sells everything from quirky wall-art to children's bedroom furniture (if this doesn't bring out your broody side, I don't know what will), from garden dining sets to stylish luggage. Oh and jewellery boxes, vases, teacups, cake stands, mirrors, pretty linen sets, wooden furniture - is it possible to live in a virtual site? Gifts for her, gifts for him (stay away from the men-necklaces), gifts for boys, gifts for girls, gifts for the dog, the grandmother, the next door neighbour, the newly weds, the new parents and the one you really really love ARE ALL ON ONE WEBSITE. 

As for unique, I'm not talking about plastering your name on a hair-band and calling it your own (although you can do that, too!). This is ultimate personalisation. I'm talking about wall-art with your favourite places, clocks with memorable dates, aprons with favourite recipes and personalised port. Personalised port. That's right, guys. Just tell them what you want and they'll do it for you. It's like having a personal designer at your finger tips. It's like a dream come true. 

notonthehighstreet's range of products is huge, but the site is well organised and the filters are excellent. Although, even with the most limited filters, you'll still be shopping for hours because there's just so much to choose from. And while you're there, take advantage of the personal wrapping service where the clever little notonthehighstreet people will wrap gifts in colours and patters you couldn't even dream of (in a good way). And within two days - two days - what you ordered will be at your front door. Win. 

Drop what you're doing - everything else can wait - and nip onto notonthehighstreet.com to solve all your gift problems. Or just go on and buy yourself nice things. Go on....

2 comments:

  1. That seems like a great time waster for this evening! Thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I have found what I want for my birthday! Now I need someone to buy it....

    ReplyDelete